Friday 19 April 2013

Cut-Emboss-Ink Competition

I made this card for the Cut-Emboss-Ink competition on the Fiskarettes website.  I decided to make a card for a young lady who will be eight years old soon.  My aim was to create a card which was girlie (she loves pink!), but not too childish. 
I embossed the black background card with a small dot design to give it texture.  The pink and green background behind the silhouette was done using Adirondack inks, which I applied with Ink Dusters, on a die-cut shape.  I used a black Versafine ink pad to stamp the silhouette.  As I wanted the letters and the flowers to match the colours on the fairy picture, I inked a sheet of card using the pink ink pad and Ink Dusters. (The pink is actually a bit brighter than it appears in the photo.) I then used this to die-cut the letters and punch out the flowers.  Finally, the card was embellished with tiny white pearls in the centre of the flowers and green and white brads.
The measurements I used for scoring the right-hand side of the A4 card were, from the bottom of the card:
2½cm, 5cm, 10cms, 15cm, 22½cm
The left-hand side was scored at 15cm.
I used a craft knife to cut a line from the 2½cm score line to the 22½cm score line.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated. This is a moderated blog and all anonymous comments will be deleted.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.