Saturday 22 November 2014

Paper Pieced Butterfly

The challenge on the Butterfly Challenge Blog this week is 'Paper Pieced Butterflies'.  After looking through all my butterfly stamps and punches, I decided to use the lovely Lavinia 'Zen Butterfly' stamp.

I first stamped the image on a snippet of white card, then again on two contrasting oddments of Papermania patterned paper.  I cut out the top wings from one of the patterned pieces and the bottom wings from the other.  I then attached them over the original stamped image.  The body was coloured in with a purple Wink of Stella Glitter pen.  I found a VERY old butterfly corner punch, which I used for the purple piece of card. It pays sometimes to tidy my craft room, as I discover things I'd forgotten about!  The matted image was attached with foam pads,  as it made the corner butterflies stand out.  The dainty embossed background is one of my favourites.

I would like to enter my card for the following challenges:

I'll be popping over to Pixie's Snippets Playground when the gates open tomorrow, as I used lots of snippets on my card.

13 comments:

  1. OMGosh Liz this is so beautiful. I was still thinking if and how I would participate in this challenge. Well done my friend. Hugs, Veerle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the image and colours,just gorgeous.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your butterfly is beautiful. I love those papers you have used ,very subtle and those butterfly corners are impressive. I'm smooching over them as I type! Thankyou for fluttering by #19. hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous paper piecing on the butterfly - a stunning card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card and a great layout.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, Liz. Your butterfly is gorgeous. Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a gorgeous butterfly stamp Liz, and I love the colour scheme.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty card! Thanks for joining our challenge this week at Loves Rubberstamps!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really gorgeous Liz - love the colours!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a pretty butterfly Liz and the paper piecing works beautifully with the background also I love the butterfly corners and that embossing folder too. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Liz,
    Gorgeous design using this image.
    Thankyou for joining us at CVC this month.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so beautiful. The batterfly image looks wonderful and the punched corners are fab!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated. This is a moderated blog and all anonymous comments will be deleted.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.