Friday 24 July 2015

A blast from the past.......

I was sorting out my rubber stamps, trying to find the best way to organise them, when I came across this long-forgotten Bagpuss stamp.  I'm not sure if it was shown in the US, but Bagpuss was a popular children's televsion programme in the UK, back in the 1970s.  
To keep the cat theme, I used a Creative Expressions 'Pawprint Lattice' embossing folder and a pawprint border punch. The image was coloured with Promarkers and was die cut with Memory Box Stitched Squares.

I would like to enter my card for the following challenges:
Stamping Sensations July Challenge ~ Feature a Creature
Penny Black and More July challenge ~ Anything goes with a sentiment
Pixie's Snippets Playground - Week 186 ~ Used turquoise snippets
Bizzy Bec's July Challenge ~ Anything Goes

12 comments:

  1. Ooooh-love this, so cute.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card Liz, love the little paws on the side panel.
    Hugs Veerle x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your talking to a Bagpuss Veteran here Liz. I even called one of my cats Bagpuss.
    Still got the little stuffed mechanical meeces and they still sing that stupid song!!
    Love your card. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's adorable...what a whimsical expression, and his pink stripey self made me smile. Love that EF behind him, and the tiny paws border. Loved all the colors put together and of course, the stitched mats! TFS & have a great wkend. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how sweet! I love it - and now I'm thinking "Bagpus, dear Bagpuss, dear fat furry cat puss, wake up and look at this thing that I bring..."
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute card Liz! Perfectly setting off the great image with the embossing folder plus the punched border!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet card. Takes me back seeing Bagpus again. What an fun embossing folder that is. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So fun and precious. Love the paw prints on the side and that wonderful embossing. CUTE stamp.!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute card Liz, I have this stamp. not even inked it up.LOL. you have created a brilliant design with embossing and die cutting..
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I remember Bagpuss! What a great card, Liz! Thank you for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations.

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous, just love that stamp. Great use of the paw border to compliment your stamp and love the colours you have used. Thank you for joining us this month at Bizzy Becs for our Anything Goes Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated. This is a moderated blog and all anonymous comments will be deleted.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.