Monday 13 July 2015

Anniversary Cats

This is the third outing in four days for this Frantic Stamper 'Love Cats' die, but it's perfect for a wedding anniversary card I need this week.  It was a bargain buy recently for just over £3.... just the cost of a cup of coffee ;-) , so I've already got my money's worth out of it! 
I'm not sure of the make of the brick embossing folder as there is no name on it.  I tried cutting the wall straight with a guillotine, but it didn't look right, so I cut it with scissors following the contours of the bricks.  The heart backing paper is from an old Do Crafts paper stack.  I knew I wanted to use the Poppy Stamps 'Antique Lamp Post' die, but it was too short.  With a bit of creative cutting to add an extension, I made it the height I wanted.  Three Die-namics 'Fresh Cut Grass' die cuts were added to the bottom of the wall.

I would like to enter my card for the following challenges:

13 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous,lovely design.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this anniversary card Liz and as you say the cat die is perfect for the occasion. Well done for extending the lamp post to height you wanted.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant Anniversary card, great image and colours.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want that kitty die now!!!! I just love it and it's perfect for an anniversary card. LOVE IT!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Liz using those fantastic cats.. love them..brilliant detail and design.
    Hugs Pamx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these cats, Liz! What a great anniversary card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a sweet card :) i love the silhouettes! thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun pair of kitties! Love the colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous Liz! Those kitties are earning their keep - a wonderful buy on your part! And how clever to extend the lamp post - something I wouldn't have thought about doing. That's what's such fun about the Playground - always something new to learn.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous Liz, lots of ideas I can 'borrow' if that's ok?! So cute xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a lovely design. Thank you for sharing at Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper. Rebecca x x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a cute card Liz. I love the cat die you've used. It's the perfect card for an anniversary. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. great job Liz. such a simple and clean design that came out so striking, well done
    and thanks for playing along at Bizzy Becs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated. This is a moderated blog and all anonymous comments will be deleted.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.