Thursday 23 July 2015

Butterfly Charm

Two new followers to introduce today, Barb of Barb's Faraway Cards and Evalila of Constantly Crazy.  Thank you for following my blog.

The Butterfly Challenge this fortnight is 'Butterflies + T is for Talisman'.  I found a tiny butterfly charm in my stash, so decided to use this as my Talisman.
I love using this Sunflower Rosette cArt-Us Lacé Die.  It always reminds me of how I first got into cardmaking, when I bought a Lacé template which I had to cut by hand with a craft knife.  It was very similar to this die, but these dies do all the work for you!  The butterfly is attached with white crochet cotton.  I find the easiest way to make a hole, without bending the card, is to use a 1/16th inch single hole punch.  I also make holes for brads this way, as it is so much better than using a pokey tool.  All the pink and silver card used were snippets, so I'll be sharing my card over in the Playground.

I would like to enter my card for the following challenges:
Butterfly Challenge #35 ~ Butterflies + T is for Talisman
Pixie's Snippets Playground - Week 186 ~ Use snippets
Bizzy Bec's July Challenge ~ Anything Goes

12 comments:

  1. Stunning card Liz. I love the colour and Wow what a sunflower this is. Superb. I adore the tiny charm hanging in the centre. Thankyou for fluttering by #35 Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz, this is one gorgeous doily. I can't even begin to imagine trying to cut all the intricate places with a kraft knife..I'd never have the courage to start. It's lovely topping that crisp white, and loved the scalloped dots borders too. The tiny butterfly charm is displayed splendidly the way you've done it. I never quite know how to use either charms or sequins. This is lovely. Yay for your new followers too. TFS & Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a stunning snippets card, Liz! That die is magnificent and I love how you have showcased your sweet little butterfly talisman with this design!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea the charm in the middle of the sunflower Liz. Wonderful card.
    Hugs, Veerle x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely lovely card Liz! And such a clever way you used the charm. Neat tip about the punch trick, I do that too as have ruined too many cards using a pokey tool!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet card, Liz. Love your little charm and the sunflower die.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That Sunflower rosette die is a beauty Liz and I love the way you have attached the charm in the centre by punching a hole, and it is complemented so prettily by the bright pink swiss dots in the background. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Liz, lovely rosette die, with butterfly in the center, great embossing on your trims.
    Hugs Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is really a cute little talisman and I love the pink you have used. Great card.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This super pink sunflower rosette looks fabulous on the white backing, and adding the butterfly charm to the center is a great idea.
    I remember cutting the lace templates by hand as well, it was a bit hard on the hands.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  11. My two favorite things Sunflowers and Butterflies! Beautiful card! Thanks for your entry this week at Mrs. A's Butterfly Challenge!
    Guest Designer Rebecca!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pink is my fave colour! Loving the simplicity of this card! Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Bizzy BEcs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated. This is a moderated blog and all anonymous comments will be deleted.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.