Tuesday 14 July 2015

Musical Retirement

A teacher I worked with at my local Infant School is retiring from full time teaching on Friday.  She intends now to work a day or so a week teaching music, so a 'Semi-Retirement' card is in order.  As music is her passion I made this card for her with a musical theme. 
I wanted to keep the design fairly CAS and I used the colour scheme of black, white and matt silver. I've had my eye on this Memory Box 'Party Music' die for some time now after first seeing it on Jane's blog and knew it would be just what I needed for this card. Thanks for enabling me, Jane!   The embossing folder is Crafts-Too 'Music Notes'. Originally I planned to make the card landscape, but because of the size of the embossing folder, it worked out better this way.  I still needed to have a join in middle as the embossing folder wasn't long enough, so I covered the gap with a black and silver strip.

I would like to enter my card for the following challenges:

9 comments:

  1. Perfect card for the occasion Liz!Love that embossing folder :)
    Nessa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant card, love the folder and the image, great retirement card.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Liz! Love the EF and also the new die - and am sitting on my hands chanting 'I will not be enabled, I will not be enabled' here :)) Very classy card - all three this week are beauties!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sat on my hands for a few months with this die, Di, but then a little finger sneaked out! x

      Delete
  4. Great semi retired card Liz, perfect for a music person.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Liz - back home from a few days away, hence the lack of comments. I recognised that die straight away - you and I are costing each other a fortune! I love the way you've used it, the double layering really makes it pop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who would have thought that blogging would be so expensive, Jane! ;-) My wishlist is so long, I'll never get to the end of it.....roll on my next birthday when the list might get a little shorter! xx

      Delete
  6. Hi Liz, I saw your card on WOYWW and I commented there that it was my favorite. I think it's great, you've really made those musical notes pop!
    I'm not a native English speaker, and I do not live in an English speaking country so I do struggle with abbreviations.... please tell me what CAS stands for. Most of the time I can guess their meaning but today you have me stumped with this one!
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisca,
      CAS = Clean and Simple - one main image, minimal embellishment and lots of empty spaces on the card. xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated. This is a moderated blog and all anonymous comments will be deleted.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.