Tuesday 14 July 2015

Reach for the Stars

My second card today is a masculine 'Good Luck' card.

I love using this Inkadinkado stamp for good luck cards.  I bought it many, many years ago, as the sentiment is just perfect.  It also reminded me of the S Club 7 song, 'Reach for the Stars', which we sang every week when I was a teacher of 4 - 7 year olds, to remind children to reach for their goals.  So, back to my card.... I stamped the image/sentiment using a Versafine 'Majestic Blue' ink pad and coloured the moon with a gold Wink of Stella glitter pen. The frame was made using two of the dies from the Lil' Inker 'Stitched Mats: Dual Stitched Squares'.  The embossed background has stars in the crossovers of the lattice pattern, although it hasn't come out very clearly in the photograph.  Isn't it strange what makes you buy crafty things?  I visited a new craft shop earlier this year and was tempted by this embossing folder by Couture Creations 'Grand Jo Jo'.  My great nephew calls my daughter Joanna, 'Jo Jo', so I soon as I saw what the folder was called, my mind was made up and I popped it in my basket!

I would like to enter my card for the following challenges:

13 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful inspirational card. A wonderful sentiment. I like your embossed background. Thanks for sharing with us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great masculine card Liz,and such lovely words :)
    Nessa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sentiment, and hearing about your teaching days. great card and post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great CAS card - love the sentiment. Perfect for our no designer paper challenge at Cardz 4 Guyz! Sharon GDT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely sentiment and embossed background

    Thanks for joining us at Card4guyz this week

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great male card Liz, perfect sentiment.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, love the embossing. Great song choice for that sentiment. Thanks so much for joining in with our 'Inspired by a Song' theme at Fab 'n' Funky. I'm so glad you did. Hugs, Wends x Fab 'n' Funky DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, I love the embossing and the blue and white theme. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card. That stamp is fabulous and I love the little glittery moon. The blue and white colour scheme makes it very stylish. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Boots Challenges this time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely card - I think I may feel am embossing folder purchase coming on! I love the way the stars on the crossovers of the embossing pick up the theme of the sentiment. Perfect for your challenge at Cardz 4 Guyz this week!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  11. Terrific card! Your embossing looks wonderful and I love the embossed design. So glad you shared your creation at Cardz 4 Guyz.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great CAS card, love the sparkling moon

    Thanks for playing along at Cardz 4 Guyz this week and hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  13. A great sentiment and one I have used myself in the past but not in this form. Love how you put it on the embossed background.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black & More this month.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated. This is a moderated blog and all anonymous comments will be deleted.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.