A gift card holder today, another of my Fiskarettes Design Team projects. This one used up some of my patterned paper snippets.
There are a lot of examples of gift card holders on Pinterest, but I couldn't find one with instructions. So, here are the instructions for how I made mine.
1. Cut a piece of card 11" x 4 1/4". Score across the card at 2 1/2", 3 1/2", 4 1/2", 5 1/2", 6 1/2" and 9". Fold as shown in the photo.
2. On the back, put strips of double-sided tape along the four 1" wide panels. Do not stick together at this stage.
3. Turn the card over and put two small strips of double-sided tape as shown in the photo.
4. Corner round the corners. Stick the panels with the double-sided tape together. It should now look like this.
5. Cut pieces of patterned paper, slightly smaller than the base card and attach. The gift card fits in as shown.
7. Make a band to fit all around the closed gift card holder - best done with the gift card inside to make sure it fits. Add a sentiment.
I would like to enter my project for the following challenges: