Monday 12 September 2016

Anniversary card

Welcome to my new followers, Terri, Susan Renshaw, Nikki, Rebecca Sandy, and rcraddock901.  Thank you for following me.

I've been AWOL for a week in Devon in our caravan.  Before I went, I packed a box with card, dies, stamps etc., everything I needed - just in case the weather was wet, with the intention of making cards for current challenges, cards needed for September birthday and anniversaries, as well as making a few more Christmas cards .  Well, we had several wet days.... but I left my craft box at home!!! So there was no crafting all week so I missed all of the challenges last week that I intended to enter.  I also found it really difficult to get my crafting mojo back when we came home on Friday.  The good news is that my camera that could have taken up to six weeks to repair was repaired in just 11 days! :-)

Enough of my rambling and onto a card I made today, as it needs to be posted in the morning.  This card is for friends who celebrate their wedding anniversary on Wednesday, the same day as my DH and me.  (We've been married 2 hours longer though! )

The embossing folder was a freebie with a craft magazine.  I used a Stampin' Up Bird punch, using up some of my small white snippets of card.  The hearts were the waste from a MB 'Heart of Hearts' die cut.  I raised the birds and the sentiment up on foam pads.  I'll be posting a photo of the card I made for DH later in the week.

I am joining in the following challenges:

20 comments:

  1. I love this card, Liz! Such lovely embossing and the touches of red add a really romantic touch to your anniversary card. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty Liz and the white with just a touch of red suits it perfectly. I hope apart from no crafting the rest of your week was good. I agree it is difficult to get going after a break but you would never know it as this card is fab. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Liz, the embossing is gorgeous and I love the cute little birds and red accents.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful and elegat. Love the embossed background.
    Valerija xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Liz - and happy anniversary for tomorrow!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful anniversary card Liz. What a shame you forgot to take the box with you, but a least you had a break.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Liz, this is such a pretty card and what a lovely freebie that embossing folder was. What a pity you forgot to take your craft stuff after giving it so much thought. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card Liz! Love the EF you used and the birdies are perfect! So fresh and clean - and a perfect example of why I prefer card making to playing with mixed media (my post tomorrow will explain). Fancy leaving your box of craft stuff behind when you went caravaning, I'd have had to nip out and even just buy some dishcloth cotton and big needles to keep the productivity going! Do they still sell dishcloth cotton I wonder?

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Liz,
    what a very super card, and such a very wonderful design.
    That embossing folder is ace and a very handy one to own.
    Love the wonderful doves also.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful and elegant anniversary card.
    Thank you for sharing over at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  11. A stunning card Liz, I love that embossing folder....I must have missed that one!
    So pleased you had a good holiday, even though it was craftless!
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card Liz, great embossing folder and great little love birds.
    Thank you for joining our Anniversary/Congratulations challenge this week at Allsorts.

    Kath

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card, so clean and white, it's a beautiful folder. I hope you had a good book to read instead of the crafting :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous, Liz! Love that gorgeous embossing folder and beautiful birds! Sorry your forgot to take your craft box with you - sounds like something I would do! I hope you had a good time anyway, despite the wet weather! Looks like you still have your mojo to me!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A really lovely card for our theme this week Liz, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty. Love the embossed background. Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious Challenge. Good luck and hope to see you back again. Maggie, DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  18. A lovely card!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes with optional anniversary” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
    Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

    (DT Crafty Friends)

    (DT The Sketchy Challenges)


    PS: Sorry for the late comment, life had been very busy the past couple of weeks…

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated. This is a moderated blog and all anonymous comments will be deleted.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.