The Less is More challenge this week is 'Mainly Teal' and as I haven't been able to join in this challenge for the last month, I was determined to get a card made for this week's challenge. However, my idea of a CAS, one layer card didn't go at all to plan!
The border and flower stamps were a from a set kindly given to me by Darnell when I visited her last week on our way home from our holiday. I stamped the border with a teal ink pad. My first attempt didn't stamp clearly and my attempt at trying to stamp over the top failed! A Misti, or the Tim Holtz equivalent, slowly crept up my wishlist! So I started again and stamped the border and flower. I then stamped the sentiment and it was almost straight, but not quite. The Misti crept even further up my wishlist! So, I abandoned my idea of a one layer card. I stamped the sentiment again on a snippet of white card and die cut it with a shaped die. I had the intention of attaching it with foam pads over the the original sentiment, but I realised it would have overlapped the flower which would have looked odd, so I attached it with DST instead. I stamped the flower again on another snippet of card, cut it out and layered it over the original stamped flower with foam pads. When I looked at the photo of my card on the computer screen, I realised that the bottom of the stamped border had slightly smudged. At this point the card was hovering over the bin! Then I had a light bulb moment and just sliced off the bottom inch of the card, getting rid of the smudged part.
I made three other cards earlier week and took several photos of each before sending them. But...when I went to crop the photos today, I realised that I had taken the photos on the wrong setting and they were badly out of focus! Note to self - don't take photos when suffering with jet lag. 😉
I am joining in the following challenges: